Ever want to have a psychic reading but you’re not sure how to do it? Well, The first step in preparing for a psychic reading is finding the right psychic. Usually you will find a psychic from someone else. Word of mouth is probably the best form of referral. The internet may be another source for psychic candidates. This way you can see their pictures and read endorsements about them. If there is an e-mail address or a phone number, contact them and “feel” if there is a match with the type of information or guidance you are searching for.
Some psychics give predictions. Be cautious of this since, as you make choices in your life, your future can change. So a prediction on one day may not be valid on the next if you decide to quit your job or move, for example. Predictions are really probabilities of the future at that specific point in time if everything stays the same. Just be aware of this.
Another thing that is important is that psychics go through their own personal and spiritual development as well. This means that, as they advance in their levels of awareness, the information they receive can come from higher levels of information as well. And their interpretation of the information they are receiving will reflect this development.
Also note that psychics can pick up garbage from the people they give a psychic reading to before you. So it is important that they have and use tools to clean themselves out before and after each session. How clean your psychic is will determine how clean the interpretation is that you receive.
When a psychic goes into your unconscious to see answers for you, he or she can experience the garbage that is there such as spiritual confusion, emotional hurt, mental anguish and even old physical wounds. These can easily be picked up by the psychic reader if her or she is not diligent in keeping clean.
Now it may be hard to find out how a psychic keeps him or herself energetically clean, however, it is something for you to be aware of. If the information doesn’t seem right, acknowledge your feeling because the information may not only be difficult to hear but it may also be tainted.
Now that you have picked a psychic, what’s next?
1. Schedule your appointment at a time when you have plenty of time both before and after the session. If you are rushed it will effect the reading—you and your energy will be focused on your other commitments. You want to be present, instead.
2. Some people prefer an in-person psychic reading, yet this is not necessary. Fewer and fewer psychics offer these for a number of reasons. For example, it is possible to schedule more readings in a day when they are done by phone. You, the client, also spend all of your time in the reading rather than in greeting and leaving your appointment. Also, clients can visit a psychic in a different part of the country simply by doing a session over the phone. It really doesn’t matter whether you do it in person or by phone. The information will come through just the same.
3. Really think about and formulate questions that most completely get to the issue. For example, if you ask, “Will I find my Prince Charming soon?” you will get an answer that you can’t do much about. You get a “yes” or “no” answer. If, however, you ask, “What can I do to change myself so that I can attract responsible respectful men into my romantic life?” then you are getting down to the real issue. The answer can be a stepping stone to removing that relationship block to really attracting your Prince.
4. Have your two or three solid questions ready for the psychic reading. Then let the session flow to where it needs to go. Sometimes the session will go in another direction because this focus gives you information you need to know at this time. You could say it is your higher self stepping in and giving you a clue that your conscious mind hadn’t even thought of. Let the session go there because this information may really help you change your life.
5. Have a good overall question ready, such as, “Please talk to me about my life path,” or “Please tell me what you see is keeping me from being on my life path.” This will really help you move along in your life.
6. Don’t be afraid to ask more questions or ask for clarification. This is your session. If something doesn’t make sense, keep asking questions until you really understand the answers. You will be glad you did.
7. Some psychics record the psychic reading for you. Some do not. You want to ask about this before your session. If they don’t record it, and having a recording is important to you, before the session you can always purchase whatever device you need. You can often be amazed at what you did not hear when you listen to the recording of your session. Sometimes you filter out information that is hard to hear at the time. So don’t be surprised if a sentence has new meaning in a week or so after the psychic reading. You can also simply take a few notes during your session as long as that is not a distraction for you. You need to do whatever it takes so that you can relax, concentrate and be present.
8. Ten to fifteen minutes before the session sit quietly in meditation to calm your mind, body and emotions. This will allow you to be more present during the session and actually hear what is being said.
9. After the session you may want to take some time to integrate and reorient yourself back into your everyday world. Be aware of this and plan a few minutes to “come back” after the psychic reading. To do this you could take a nap or simply rest. You could also take a walk and breathe deeply. Being tired after a session is common and usually means that you have started shifting who you are as a result of your reading.
10. Be aware that a few days after your session you may feel different. The range of emotions that you experience could be extensive. You could be releasing anger, so you feel angrier for a time. You could be releasing sadness that came up in the psychic reading. It could be that you are now able to move through an unconscious block, so you are experiencing freedom. This could bring about extreme joy or the fear of the unknown. These reactions are neither right nor wrong. They are simply a part of the process.
11. Contemplate your session. If you recorded it, listen to your recording. If you took a few notes, review those. You can now spend more time meditating, relaxing and exercising. Do those things that bring your body comfort, such as eating, sleeping, exercising, laughing and enjoying life. If you don’t feel better in a few days, call your psychic and ask for help. If you are simply releasing stuff, then your psychic will be able to help you get grounded and back into balance in just a few minutes.
12. Remember, a psychic is just the messenger for your information. Sometimes you may not like what you hear, but then again, you may not always like what you hear from an honest friend. Keep in mind that you are looking for information that comes from the heart and is truthful. It is your psychic reading —your questions are simply being answered through the help of a psychic reader.